Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an on-line community for Southwest Va motorcycle enthusiast

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Southwest Va Street Riders
Latest topics
» Poker Run Oct. 13
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 6:21 pm by chopperhack

» Handlebars wanted
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:00 am by namvet

» Want to change my handlebars
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:57 am by namvet

» slide in truck camper
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:24 am by Gary

» Polar Bear Ride
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:20 am by Gary

» Merry Christmas to all
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 12:51 pm by graybeard_biker

» NRV444 SCRC Members wanted
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:11 am by namvet

» First!
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 am by namvet

» toys for tots
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 pm by Gary

Top posters
Bobby D
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_vote_lcapSurely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_voting_barSurely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_vote_rcap 
SafetyMan
Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_vote_lcapSurely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_voting_barSurely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... I_vote_rcap 
Gary
Old Crow
chopperhack
graybeard_biker
Henryinva
rideasportbike
bobsworld
sammi
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....

Go down 
+4
48redchief
Bobby D
Gary
SafetyMan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
SafetyMan

SafetyMan

Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Empty
PostSubject: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:56 am

Or am I?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.doofclenas.com
SafetyMan

SafetyMan

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 12:30 pm

Is this thing on?

anyone
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 pm

I belive that there is at least one more harley person.I have a old 76 liberty and a 10 ultra black and silver
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 10:30 am

If everyone will spread the word this site should get really big in time as it's just over 3 weeks old
Back to top Go down
48redchief

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 am

Nope, you aren't now at least. I have 05 Deluxe and 06 Super Glide. Just sold a 77 FXS and looking for another shovel.
Back to top Go down
Gary

Gary

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 8:05 pm

no there are more of us 010 ultra 07 heirtage ,we need to get a ride up
Back to top Go down
Old Crow

Old Crow

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:31 pm

I just got an 06 Sportster.
Back to top Go down
vrscdxzax

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 11:59 pm

I have an 07 VRSCDX V-rod Night Rod Special and an 08 Sportster 1200N Nightster.
Back to top Go down
Bobby D

Bobby D

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 9:06 am

EJinVA aka Old Crow wrote:
I just got an 06 Sportster.

Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... 26992
Back to top Go down
icepick911

icepick911

PostSubject: count one more   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 am

79 Sporty "AKA: The Bastard". Bought it on purpose. "It's not your bike till you turn the wrenches yourself"

You gotta love it 'cause otherwise it gives you so many reasons to hate it. LMAO

Recent rebuild, but ran outta cash before I got to the heads. So now I'm paying the price and have a really nice dust collector sitting out in my building waiting on me to finish doing the job right. HA

Buds keep pressing me to go to the dark side and get metric, but I'm still holding out.

Anybody got a good source on Iron Head parts that are priced for the working man.
Back to top Go down
graybeard_biker

graybeard_biker

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 12:00 am

if possible just run the heads until you cant run them any longer.

are the valves leaking? a head job is relatively easy, but without tools, equipment, relatively impossible to do at home.

technically I have seen leaky valves lapped to seat using a drill & lapping compound, & ride on. I grew up in the days when patch holders rode hard, & kept there bikes pieced together. saw it many a time.

later when money is better get new guides & new valves, or oversize valves if they are recessed too much? as well as rebuilding the rockers if needed.

I have a valve grinder stored away, but no seat cutter, nor do I have guide installers, but I very familiar with the process.

Randy
Back to top Go down
SafetyMan

SafetyMan

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 2:18 pm

The only thing the dealer does to my bike is tires or warranty work.

And tires because they were silly enough to sell me a tire warranty.

Everything else, I do myself. I love working on the bikes, especially with that huge lift I got in the garage.

Keep the Rubber Side
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....   Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surely I ain't the only feller here on a Harley....
Page 1 of 1